Aukštaitija Kayak Trip (7- days, self-guided)
Day 1. Vilnius.
Arrival in Vilnius. Accommodation in central located guesthouse. Meet our guide in the evening for briefing and maps of the tour. Take a guided city tour in Vilnius Old Town.
Day 2. Vilnius – Trakai (Paddling distance approx. 11 km) – Ginučiai (Aukštaitija National Park).
Drive to Trakai and enjoy our classic guided kayak trip. Explore historical sites such as Island Castle and Užutrakis Manor, feel tranquility of Trakai National Park and its crystal clear lakes with number of islands and try traditional Karaim cuisine for picnic lunch. Travel to Aukštaitija in the later afternoon and stay at the rural guest house in Ginučiai.
Day 3. Būka river – Ginučiai (Paddling distance approx. 20 km).
Paddle the most picturesque river in the national park, pass some remote traditional villages and enjoy tranquility of the lush woods. Find an inner pond located in one little island of Lake Baluošas before you reach Ginučiai. Take a hike on one of the trails surrounding the village and explore the area or ascent the observation tower nearby to make the most out of your day.
Day 4. Ginučiai – Meironys (Paddling distance approx. 18km).
The waterway continues through the heart of Aukštaitija National Park. Climb the ancient Ginučiai hillfort on the way and enjoy the view over 6 lakes from Ladakalnis hill. Stay in remote guesthouse in Meironys and enjoy serene afternoon by the lake or explore the surroundings and nearby villages on marked hiking trails.
Day 5. Meironys – Kaltanėnai (Paddling distance approx. 16 km).
Explore picturesque lakes Lūšiai, Šakarvai and Žeimenys. No visit of Aukštatija will be complete without seeing the iconic wooden church of Palūšė from the early 18th century. Stay at the comfortable guesthouse in Kaltanėnai, right at the start of Žeimena river.
Day 6. Kaltanėnai – Švenčionėliai (Paddling distance approx. 18 km)
Enjoy your last day of kayaking while paddling down one of the most popular rivers in Lithuania – Žeimena. Our guide will pick you up at the bridge in Švenčionėliai and bring you back to Vilnius.
Day 7. Vilnius.
End of itinerary and options to prolong your stay in Lithuania.
- Kayaking on remote lakes and rivers of Aukštaitija National Park
- Guided kayak tour in Trakai National Park
- Trakai Island Castle
- Ladakalnis hill with a panoramic view over 6 lakes
- Iconic wooden church of Palūšė
- Guided tour in Vilnius Old Town
- Accommodation in traditional homesteads and guesthouses
Swimming skills are required and previous paddling experience is not necessary.
Please dress accordingly to the weather conditions, wear appropriate footwear (sandals or hiking shoes depending on weather conditions would be ideal).
Private tour price
Double occupancy and tandem kayak
- 2 pax €595,00/per person,
- 4 pax €485,00/per person,
- 6 pax: €450,00/per person
Single room supplement: €125,00/per person
Single kayak supplement: €55,00/per person
- Tandem kayaks with rudder incl. All necessary equipment (paddles, dry bags, safety gear, spray skirts)
- Accommodation as per itinerary with shower/WC
- Transfer Vilnius – Trakai – Aukštaitija National Park – Vilnius (include. Luggage and Kayak transportation)
- Guided tour in Vilnius Old town
- Guided Kayak Tour in Trakai
- Briefing and maps
Suggested for comfort
- water & snacks for personal usage
- comfortable boots & rain jacket
- extra socks