multi-day group tour
DAY 1 (FRIDAY): ARRIVAL TALLINN
Arrival in Tallinn, optional transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia **** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
DAY 2 (SATURDAY): TALLINN
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian Art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv.
DAY 3 (SUNDAY): TALLINN – LAHEMAA – TALLINN
This day offers an optional day excursion to Lahemaa National Park, where we visit Palmse Manor, a memorial to the von Pahlen family, and Sagadi Manor. The tour ends with a visit to the charming 16th century Vihula Manor and the Vodka Museum.
DAY 4 (MONDAY): TALLINN – TARTU
We continue to Tartu, the University Town, where Estonia gained its statehood. We see the charming Old Town and the University founded in 1632. Check in at Hotel Dorpat*** or similar. In the afternoon is offered optional visit to Estonia National Museum, dedicated to Estonian cultural history and everyday life and stretching out on a timeline from the present day to the Ice Age.
DAY 5 (TUESDAY): TARTU – GRASI
Departing from Tartu, we head south and soon we reach Stameriena – the pearl of European romanticism having close links with Italian writer Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa. After the visit, we continue to Gulbene where we visit the small, private Talava cider brewery and are invited to test the produce. Later in the afternoon we arrive to Grasi Manor***, a picturesque classicism style estate in the middle of Latvia. This evening offers a dinner at Grasi Manor.
DAY 6 (WEDNESDAY): GRASI – DAUGAVPILS
Leaving Grasi our first stop is in Aglona, where we visit Aglona Basilica built in late baroque style and a ceramics workshop, an important symbol of Latgalian culture. From here, our tour continues to Daugavpils, Latvia’s 2nd largest city. We tour the historical centre of the city and visit the 19th century Daugavpils Fortress and the Mark Rothko Art Centre, the only place in Europe, where the original masterpieces by the famous founder of abstract expressionism can be seen. Just outside the city we find the lovely Sventes Manor and we check in at Hotel Svente Manor****.
DAY 7 (THURSDAY): DAUGAVPILS – VILNIUS
Today we continue southwards into Lithuania and in the middle of the day we arrive at Aukstatija National Park with its many lakes, rivulets and streams scattered between forests and hills. We explore the park on a light walk through the scenic landscapes and visit the pretty lakeside town of Paluse, famous for its wooden church. Late in the afternoon, we head towards Vilnius. Upon arrival we check in at Hotel Artis**** or similar.
DAY 8 (FRIDAY): VILNIUS
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning walking tour takes to Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. The afternoon offers optional tour to The Palace of Grand Dukes of Lithuania where you will learn about the fortifications and the collection of armaments of the castle and palace of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania.
DAY 9 (SATURDAY): VILNIUS
The morning offers optional tour to Uzupis district – smallest district in Vilnius which over years has transformed from troublesome neighbouring into place where intellectuals and artist gather, followed by a visit to Lithuanian National Museum of Art. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. In the evening an optional traditional Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant Senoji Trobele is on our program.
DAY 10 (SUNDAY): VILNIUS – KAUNAS – NIDA
Departing from Vilnius we head to Western part of Lithuania. En route we do a stop in Kaunas, the former capital of Lithuania, to admire the beautiful Old Town and the elegant white Baroque Town Hall. After short walking tour in Klaipeda, we take ferry to reach Curonian Spit before reaching Nida resort town. Check in at Hotel Nerija****. The evening offers optional authentic fisherman dinner at “Tik Pas Jona”.
DAY 11 (MONDAY): NIDA – LIEPAJA
The morning is reserved for a half-day optional tour of the Curonian Spit, a thin, 100 km stretch of land between the Baltic Sea and the Curonian Lagoon with small fishing villages, pine forests and endless sand dunes. Tour takes us to the spectacular Parnidis Dune and Naglis Dune, the Hill of Witches in Juodkrante and Thomas Mann’s summerhouse. In early afternoon we head towards Liepaja where we arrive in early afternoon and check in at Hotel Art Roma****. The evening offers an optional casual dinner at a beach café Red Sun Buffet, right on the wide sandy beach.
DAY 12 (TUESDAY): LIEPAJA – RIGA
Liepaja takes its name from the numerous linden trees in the city. We start the day with a short stroll in the Old Town with the Trinity Church and we visit Jurmala Park and the former Naval Port area with its famous Orthodox Cathedral. We now continue through Southern Latvia to the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through Latvia to reach Riga at late afternoon. Check in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar.
DAY 13 (WEDNESDAY): RIGA
Founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, Riga is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. The walking tour of the morning takes to Art Nouveaux district and Old Town including Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
DAY 14 (THURSDAY): RIGA DEPARTURE
Optional transfer to the airport.
- 13 overnights at centrally located 3-4 star hotels
- 13 x buffet breakfast
- Dinner at Grasi manor restaurant
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalized welcome package
- Entrances to Stameriena Palace, Talava cider brewery, Aglona Basilica, ceramics show-room in Preili, Mark Rothko Art Centre in Daugavpils, Peter and Paul Church in Vilnius, Trinity Church in Liepaja and Rundale Palace.
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of 1st class van throughout the itinerary
Package Price Per Person
- EUR 1595.00 (double occupancy)
- EUR 595.00 (single supplement)
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 45.00 pp
- 6-hour excursion to Lahemaa National Park with a visit to Palmse Manor and Vodka Museum in Vihula Manor: EUR 80.00 pp
- 3-hour visit to Estonian National Museum: EUR 45.00 per person
- 3-hour visit to The Palace of Grand Dukes of Lithuania: EUR 45.00 pp
- 3-hour visit to Uzupis district and Lithuanian National Museum of Art: EUR 45.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Trakai Castle: EUR 45.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to the Curonian Spit: EUR 45.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala: EUR 40.00 pp
- Transfer airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Olumpia: EUR 45.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 65.00 for private van (4-7 persons)
- Transfer Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija to airport: EUR 45.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 65.00 for private van (4-7 persons)
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv: EUR 45.00 pp
- Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant Senoji Trobele: EUR 45.00 pp
- Casual fisherman dinner at Tik Pas Jona tavern: EUR 40.00 pp
- Casual dinner on the beach in Liepaja: EUR 35.00 pp
- Half board at hotels (12 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 475.00 pp
- The land operations will be organized by Baltic Nature Travel partner Baltic Vision
Frequently Asked Questions
What travelers say about us
Leave a review
Tell us about your experience!