Multi-day group tour
DAY 1 (WEDNESDAY): ARRIVAL RIGA
Arrival in Riga, optional transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
DAY 2 (THURSDAY): RIGA
Founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, Riga is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. The walking tour of the morning takes to Art Nouveaux district and Old Town including Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon offers an optional visit to the Ethnographical Open Air Museum, a spacious exposition of 18th century country life. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Kalku Varti
DAY 3 (FRIDAY): RIGA – TALLINN
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
DAY 4 (SATURDAY): TALLINN
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian Art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv.
DAY 5 (SUNDAY): TALLINN – LAHEMAA – TALLINN
This day offers an optional day excursion to Lahemaa National Park, where we visit Palmse Manor, a memorial to the von Pahlen family, and Sagadi Manor. The tour ends with a visit to the charming 16th century Vihula Manor and the Vodka Museum.
DAY 6 (MONDAY): TALLINN – TARTU
We continue to Tartu, the University Town, where Estonia gained its statehood. We see the charming Old Town and the University founded in 1632. Check in at Hotel Dorpat*** or similar. In the afternoon is offered optional visit to Estonia National Museum, dedicated to Estonian cultural history and everyday life and stretching out on a timeline from the present day to the Ice Age.
DAY 7 (TUESDAY): TARTU – GRASI
Departing from Tartu, we head south and soon we reach Stameriena – the pearl of European romanticism having close links with Italian writer Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa. After the visit, we continue to Gulbene where we visit the small, private Talava cider brewery and are invited to test the produce. Later in the afternoon we arrive to Grasi Manor***, a picturesque classicism style estate in the middle of Latvia. This evening offers a dinner at Grasi Manor.
DAY 8 (WEDNESDAY): GRASI – DAUGAVPILS
Leaving Grasi our first stop is in Aglona, where we visit Aglona Basilica built in late baroque style and a ceramics workshop, an important symbol of Latgalian culture. From here, our tour continues to Daugavpils, Latvia’s 2nd largest city. We tour the historical centre of the city and visit the 19th century Daugavpils Fortress and the Mark Rothko Art Centre, the only place in Europe, where the original masterpieces by the famous founder of abstract expressionism can be seen. Just outside the city we find the lovely Sventes Manor and we check in at Hotel Svente Manor****.
DAY 9 (THURSDAY): DAUGAVPILS – VILNIUS
Today we continue southwards into Lithuania and an in the middle of the day we arrive at Aukstatija National Park with its many lakes, rivulets and streams scattered between forests and hills. We explore the park on a light walk through the scenic landscapes and visit the pretty lakeside town of Paluse, famous for its wooden church. Late in the afternoon, we head towards Vilnius. Upon arrival we check in at Hotel Artis**** or similar.
DAY 10 (FRIDAY): VILNIUS
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning walking tour takes us to the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. The afternoon offers optional tour to The Palace of Grand Dukes of Lithuania where you will learn about the fortifications and the collection of armaments of the castle and palace of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania.
DAY 11 (SATURDAY): VILNIUS DEPARTURE
Optional transfer to the airport.
- 10 overnights at centrally located 3-4 star hotels
- 10 x buffet breakfast and dinner at Grasi Manor
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Great Guild Hall in Tallinn, Stameriena Palace, Talava cider brewery, Aglona Basilica, ceramics show-room in Preili, Mark Rothko Art Centre in Daugavpils Peter and Paul Church in Vilnius and medieval
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- GBI09: 22.05-01.06.24
- GBI11: 05.06-15.06.24
- GBI12: 12.06-22.06.24
- GBI14: 26.06-06.07.24
- GBI16: 10.07-20.07.24
- GBI17: 17.07-27.07.24
- GBI19: 31.07-10.08.24
- GBI20: 07.08-17.08.24
- GBI21: 14.08-24.08.24
- GBI22: 21.08-31.08.24
- GBI23: 28.08-07.09.24
Package Price Per Person
- EUR 1195.00 (double occupancy)
- EUR 445.00 (single supplement)
- 3-hour excursion to Ethnographical Open Air museum: EUR 45.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 45.00 pp
- 6-hour excursion to Lahemaa National Park with a visit to Palmse Manor and Vodka Museum in Vihula Manor: EUR 80.00 pp
- 3-hour visit to Estonian National Museum: EUR 45.00 per person
- 3-hour visit to The Palace of Grand Dukes of Lithuania: EUR 45.00 pp
- Transfer airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija: EUR 45.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 65.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- Transfer Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva to airport: EUR 45.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 65.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Kalku Varti: EUR 50.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv: EUR 45.00 pp
- Half board at hotels (9 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 345.00 pp
The land operations will be organized by Baltic Nature Travel partner Baltic Vision
Frequently Asked Questions
What travelers say about us
Leave a review
Tell us about your experience!