multi-day group tour
Baltic Nature Adventure (Vilnius – Klaipeda - Riga)
DAY 1: ARRIVAL
Arrival in Vilnius, optional transfer to the hotel, check- in hotel Tilto*** or similar. Welcome meeting with your tour leader in the hotel lobby.
DAY 2: VILNIUS – TRAKAI – VILNIUS
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning walking tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anna’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn.
For the afternoon we have a tour to Trakai. Trakai city is beautifully located between 5 lakes. We will get to know the history and culture of Lithuania, and the secrets of local communities and cultures such as Karaims and Russian Old Believers. After that, you have an opportunity to do a kayak tour. You will see serene landscapes and navigate around numerous islands on the lake and see the landmarks of Trakai such as Island Castle, Užutrakis Mansion or ruins of Peninsular Castle.
DAY 3: VILNIUS – KERNAVE – KLAIPEDA
In the morning we are transfered to Kernave, just a short drive (~40 km) from Vilnius to Kernave. We will hike a 5-km trail in Neris Regional Park to see the picturesque backcountry and visit historical sites. Discover mysterious fort hills and traces of ancient settlements dating back to 9000 years B.C. Walkthrough UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site
Afternoon we transfer to the coastal city Klaipeda. Klaipeda first became a part of Lithuania in 1923 and has a long history as a German town called Memel. The walking tour takes us to the Old Town with its narrow cobblestone streets and old guild houses and we visit the Theatre Square and the Aennchen von Tharau. Check-in at the Bohema Art Hotel*** or similar.
DAY 4: CURONIAN SPIT
Curonian Spit is a thin stretch of land between the Baltic Sea and the Curonian Lagoon. After crossing the lagoon we do Curonian Spit biking tour where we see small fishing villages, pine forests and endless sand dunes. Leisurely stroling the cycling path you can spend your day at the beach, visiting fisherman’s settlements and late afternoon make the way back to your hotel with bike. Cycling distance from Klaipeda to Juodkrante and back to Klaipeda approx. 60km.
DAY 5: KLAIPEDA – SAMOGITIA – RIGA
From Klaipeda we continue to the Samogitia National Park that in Lithuanian is called „Žemaitija” (lowlands), to see the picturesque Lake Plateliai. We hike approx. 5km through a bog, and forest. After that, we continue to Siauliai and Hill of Crosses, one of the holiest sites of Catholic Lithuania where till nowadays are erected hundreds of thousands of crosses. And after that, we head to Latvia and reach Riga in the late afternoon. Check-in hotel Konventa Sēta *** or similar.
DAY 6: RIGA – JURMALA – RIGA
Founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, Riga is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. Riga’s walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument.
Afternoon we take the train to Jurmala. You have the opportunity to join an optional bike tour in the vibrant seaside town. In the mid-19th-century holidaymakers began escaping the city to relax in Jurmala it developed as a resort, often called the ‘’Northern Riviera”. We will cycle along a pine-covered dune, see expressive wooden architecture, modern villas, and endless sandy beaches. We stop for a swim at one of the 11 established swimming areas before we take the train back to Riga.
Departure day, optional transfer to airport
- 6 overnights at centrally located 3-star hotels with breakfast buffet
- Service of 1st class minivan throughout the itinerary
- English speaking tour guide throughout the itinerary
- Welcome meeting
- Vilnius, Klaipeda and Riga old town walking tours
- Curonian Spit biking tour
- Entrances: Vilnius University, Kernave archeological park
- Train ticket to Jurmala and back to Riga
Package Price Per Person
- EUR 595.00 (double occupancy)
- EUR 255.00 (single supplement optional)
- 2 h Trakai kayak tour: 40.00 EUR pp
- 3 h Biking tour in Jurmala: 30.00 EUR pp
- Transfer airport to Hotel : EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private van (4-7 persons)
- Transfer Hotel to airport: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private van (4-7 persons)
- Difficulty grade: We rate this tour from easy going to moderate. The terrain is mostly flat with very few hills to climb during the hikes and bike tours. The rivers are slow and safe to kayak without any experience before needed.
- Group size: 2 – 12 persons
- Single supplement: If you are travelling alone and prefer privacy you can opt for a private room. If you would prefer a cheaper shared room instead, let us know and we will try to pair you with another Baltic Nature Travel traveller of the same sex. If it won’t be possible, the single supplement is mandatory.
- Note please:
Moderate physical fitness is required.
Please dress according to the weather conditions, wear appropriate footwear (sandals or hiking shoes depending on weather conditions would be ideal).
Frequently Asked Questions
What travelers say about us
Leave a review
Tell us about your experience!