multi-day group tour
Baltic Nature Adventure (Riga – Cēsis - Tallinn)
- DAY ARRIVAL
Arrival in Riga, optional transfer to the hotel, check-in hotel Konventa Sēta*** or similar. Welcome meeting with your tour leader in the hotel lobby.
- DAY RIGA – JURMALA – RIGA (OPTIONAL BIKE ~30km)
Founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, Riga is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. Riga walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument.
Afternoon we take the train to Jurmala. You have the opportunity to join an optional bike tour in the vibrant seaside town. In the mid-19th-century holidaymakers began escaping the city to relax in Jurmala it developed as a resort, often called the ‘’Northern Riviera”. We will cycle along a pine-covered dune, see expressive wooden architecture, modern villas, and endless sandy beaches. We stop for a swim at one of the 11 established swimming areas before we take the train back to Riga.
- DAY RIGA – GAUJA NATIONAL PARK (OPTIONAL KAYAK ~5KM) – CESIS
In the morning we drive to Sigulda to enter the Gauja National park, and hike approx. 5 km. After, we take the cable car to enjoy picturesque views over the Gauja Valley. Inspired by the beauty of the park we enjoy nature on our leisure. Or we offer you an optional kayaking tour in the river Gauja to see the sandstone cliffs and outcrops.
Afternoon we continue to Cesis. We get acquainted with its old town and medieval castle on a walking tour. Later we offer an optional local food and wine degustation from Lígatne winery and visit “Anfabrika” rocks and cellars, they are 17 m high, beautiful reddish cliffs. There are several rectangular holes in the foot – these were cellars that were abandoned long time ago. Check in hotel Cesis *** or similar.
- DAY CĒSIS – SOOMAA NATIONAL PARK (HIKE ~5km) – TALLINN
The tour continues from Cesis to Estonia and we drive (~150 km) to Soomaa National park. In the wetlands of Estonia and walk the great swamp on the wooden path (~5km). In the afternoon out of the wilderness to the capital head next and arrive in Tallinn in the afternoon. Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. Tallinn walking tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. Check-in hotel Snelli*** or similar
- DAY OPTIONAL LAHEMAA NATIONAL PARK TOUR (HIKE ~4km)
On our last day, we offer an optional Lahemaa National Park tour. We explore the Estonian countryside that is home to towering pine forests, picturesque coastline, and mysterious bogs. We will take you to the biggest natural waterfall in Estonia. Also, we see the hidden old manor houses of Sagadi and visit the Forest museum, where the exhibition displays the role that nature plays in local lives. We visit romantic little coastal villages like Käsmu and Altja. Hike through the Viru bog on a 3,5 km wooden trail over the wetland. And return back to Tallinn late afternoon.
- DAY DEPARTURE
Departure day, optional transfer to airport.
- 5 overnights at centrally located 3-star hotels with breakfast buffet
- Service of 1st class van throughout the itinerary
- Riga, Cesis and Tallinn old town walking tour
- English speaking tour guide throughout the itinerary
- Entrances: Cēsis medieval castle
- Train ticket to Jurmala and back to Riga
- Sigulda cable car ticket
BNB01: 10.06 – 15.06.21
BNB02: 08.07 – 13.07.21
BNB03: 30.07 – 03.08.21
BNB04: 12.08 – 17.08.21
Package Price Per Person
- EUR 605.00 (double occupancy)
- EUR 260.00 (single supplement optional)
- 3h Biking tour in Jurmala: 30.00 EUR pp
- 2h Gauja kayak tour: EUR 40.00 pp
- 6 h Lahemaa national park tour:EUR 70.00 pp
- Transfer airport to Hotel : EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private van (4-7 persons)
- Transfer Hotel to airport: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private van (4-7 persons)
- Local food and wine degustation in Līgatne: EUR 40.00 pp
- Difficulty grade: We rate this tour from easy going to moderate. The terrain is mostly flat with very few hills to climb during the hikes and bike tours. The rivers are slow and safe to kayak without any experience before needed.
- Group size: 2 – 12 persons
- Single supplement: If you are travelling alone and prefer privacy you can opt for a private room. If you would prefer a cheaper shared room instead, let us know and we will try to pair you with another Baltic Nature Travel traveller of the same sex. If it won’t be possible, the single supplement is mandatory.
- Note please:
Moderate physical fitness is required.
Please dress according to the weather conditions, wear appropriate footwear (sandals or hiking shoes depending on weather conditions would be ideal).
- Payments made via our web page have a 2.5% fee per transaction if you prefer another payment method please send us a tour request.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who we worked for
Our guide Valdis Ceics was brilliant – sharing his local knowledge and fun facts, telling stories about the history of the Baltic States and how it affected the people. Not only did Valdis speak good English he also had to speak German. In fact on one occasion Valdis was only going to do the german tour, so several of us “jumped ship” and joined him.
June 6, 2019
Right from planning my trip through completion, Baltic Nature Tours team was a pleasure to work with. Ieva was always very responsive to my queries. Valdis was our tour guide and he was very good! He was very accomodating of the group’s preferences and when weather was dicey, he quickly helped pivot to alternatives. He had very good recommendations for things to do in free time as well as restaurant to try. The tours he led were very infortmative and always had a quirky fun edge. Certainly made my Baltics experience very memorable. I had a great experience and would certainly recommend them!
June 4, 2019
My wife and I had a wonderful time visiting Lithuania with the help of our guide Grazina. She was very knowledgeable about the places we visited, several of which were ‘off the beaten path’. Also, our local specialist Ieva arranged local guides for other places we visited such as the Open Air Museum of Lithuania, my grandfather’s village Zemaiciu Naumeistas, and the city of Kleipeda.
May 22 – May 30, 2019
My cousin and I had a great experience in Lithuania! Our tour guide Minda was fantastic and made the trip a special experience for us. We called him our Guardian Angel. As we drove or walked he gave us such great historical and cultural information just as we wanted. He felt like a friend or relative and was so comfortable to spend time with. We highly recommend him.
Leva did a great job helping us with our itinerary. I told her some places we wanted to go and the types of experiences we were looking for and she organized it perfectly for us. When I asked for some changes or soecial requirements like air conditioning she came through. Our only disappointment was not finding Kugelis! We found a dish that was very close though and enjoyed all of our meals. I will recommend Leva and Kimkimtravel to my fellow travelers!
Jun 5 – Jun 11, 2019
Leave a review
Tell us about your experience!