General Terms & Conditions
We strongly recommend that you also read the information relating to your trip prior to booking, and ensure that you understand the itinerary and the active style of the trip you are undertaking.
All bookings are made with Baltic Nature Travel Ltd (us/we). By booking a trip with us you are deemed to have agreed to these Terms and Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between you and us) and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis. By booking a trip with Baltic Nature Travel Ltd, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you make a booking on behalf of other participants (minors, family members, etc), you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept these Terms on behalf of the other participants in your party.
1. Booking & confirmation
Reservations: You may reserve space on a tour by making the payment. A booking is not final until you receive a final confirmation from us.
With the confirmation, you shall receive the tour information, departure time, etc. (pre-departure information).
Once Baltic Nature Travel has confirmed your booking the contract is made between Baltic Nature Travel and you. You will receive a confirmation of your booking to your email.
2. Payment & deposits
You are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of 25% for your booking to be confirmed on the trip. If your booking is made within 60 days of the departure date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking:
- Full payment is due no later than 28 days prior to the tour start date.
Credit Card Authorization for Post-Booking Charges: You authorize Baltic Nature Travel to charge your credit card number for any change fees, price increases, or supplemental payments that you incur post-booking. If you prefer a different payment method, you must notify us in writing at the time of booking.
Payments are also accepted by bank transfer:
Baltic nature travel SIA
In case you have to cancel your reservation, please be aware that we have already started our work and have carried certain costs. The following cancellation fees will be charged by Baltic Nature Travel:
- 29 days before departure – lost deposit / 25 % of the price
- 28- 14 days before departure – 50% of the price
- 14- 1 days before departure – 80% of the price
- in case of cancellation on the day of departure or “No-Show” – 100% of the price
If you would like to make changes to your booking, please inform Baltic Nature Travel via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Booking changes shall be made in writing within office hours in Latvia. The requested changes are subject to the written approval of Balti Nature Travel. All requests will be considered by Baltic Nature Travel if sent 48 hours prior to the bookings’ starting date and time. Baltic Nature Travel cannot guarantee the availability of requested changes.
Baltic Nature Travel reserves the right to change or re-schedule the planned program if necessary. Due to bad weather conditions, employee illness, or other safety reasons Baltic Nature Travel has the right to cancel the program. Baltic Nature Travel has the right to cancel the program if the minimum count of participants specified in the excursion description is not reached. In case of cancellation made by Baltic Nature Travel, your reservation will be fully refunded.
No Refunds for Personal Expenses: You will not be reimbursed for any personal expenses such as airfare, hotel or other travel expenses due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations.
The tour operator is liable for:
- selection of service providers and supervising of services,
- gathering the services altogether,
- description of services in catalogs or brochures,
- processing of travel reservations,
- organization, reservation, and confirmation of the travel services,
As part of your trip preparation, you will be required to sign our Waiver of Liability Form. Please read carefully before signing as it is a legally binding contract. Each traveler must sign a separate form. A parent/guardian must sign for minors under 18 years of age.
During the tours, Baltic Nature Travel follows appropriate health and safety regulations in accordance with laws and regulations as applicable in Latvia. Standard guidelines recommended to practice in different program services are followed always when delivering services. Baltic Nature Travel can only be held liable for injuries and material damages during the delivery of the service that is caused by the negligence of the company or employees or already broken equipment. Baltic Nature Travel cannot be held responsible for any accidental injuries or damages that are inhered under the customer’s travel insurance.
Personal travel insurance is always highly recommended. The customer shall acknowledge that adventure tours and the products and services offered by Baltic Nature Travel may involve a significant amount of risk to the customer´s health and safety. The customer shall acknowledge that he/she has considered any potential risks to health and safety and assumed responsibility for all such risks. The customer may be required to sign a form on the day of the tour as required by Baltic Nature Travel to acknowledge his/her understanding of the risks to certain activities. Failure to inform Baltic Nature Travel of the pregnancy shall release Baltic Nature Travel from any liability to the pregnant customer.
Responsibility: Baltic Nature Travel acts only as an intermediary for the various independent suppliers that provide lodging, meals, transportation, sightseeing, activities or other goods and services connected with your tour. You acknowledge that you are aware and clearly understand that these Suppliers are independent contractors, are not managed by Baltic Nature Travel, and are not agents or employees of Baltic Nature Travel. A Supplier’s services are subject to the Supplier’s own terms and conditions and the local laws and regulations of the relevant country. Baltic Nature Travel will not provide any refund for a Supplier’s delay, cancellation, overbooking, or strike.
5. Legal disputes
To resolve legal disputes or uncertainties relating to the reservations and events booked, Latvian law will be applicable. All possible disputes will be resolved in Latvia.
6. Photos and Videos
Any person desiring not to have their photo taken or distributed must contact email@example.com in writing of his/her intentions and include a photograph. Baltic Nature Travel will use the photo for identification purposes and will hold it in confidence. Any person or organization not affiliated with Baltic Nature Travel may not use, copy, alter or modify Baltic Nature Travel photographs, graphics, videography or other, similar reproductions or recordings without the advance written permission of an authorized designee from Baltic Nature Travel.
Your Key Rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations
Unless making an accommodation-only booking, the combination of travel services offered to you is a package within the meaning of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations. Therefore, you will benefit from all EU rights applying to packages. Baltic Nature Travel will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole.
1. Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
2. There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
3. Travellers are given an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organizer or the travel agent.
4. Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
5. The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance, fuel prices) and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the package, the traveler may terminate the contract. If the organizer reserves the right to a price increase, the traveler has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
6. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package the trader responsible for the package cancels the package, travelers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
7. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance, if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
8. Additionally, travelers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
9. If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveler at no extra cost. Travelers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
10. Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
11. The organizer has to provide assistance if the traveler is in difficulty.
12. If the organizer or, in some Member States, the retailer becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organizer or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if the transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured. We have taken out insolvency protection with the financial protection entity Baltijas Apdrosinasas Nams LLC. You can contact Baltijas Apdrošināšanas Nams (BAN) Antonijas street 23, Riga, Latvia, telephone +371 67 08 04 08 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org if services are denied because of Baltic Nature Travel Ltd insolvency.
13. More information can be found here – https://www.eccnet.eu/consumer-rights/what-are-my-consumer-rights/travel-and-passenger-rights/package-travel-and-linked
On the tour are not allowed persons who have to be in quarantine or are having symptoms like fever, and other signs of acute infection.
- Visit our website
at https://www.balticnaturetravel.com , or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice
- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
names phone numbers email addresses contact preferences billing addresses debit/credit card numbers health data
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may process your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.
- To send administrative information to you. We may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information.
- To request feedback. We may process your information when necessary to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may process the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time. For more information, see
' WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS? ' below).
- To protect our Services. We may process your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure, including fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To identify usage trends. We may process information about how you use our Services to better understand how they are being used so we can improve them.
- To determine the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns. We may process your information to better understand how to provide marketing and promotional campaigns that are most relevant to you.
- To save or protect an individual's vital interest. We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e.
consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Click here to learn more.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to
fulfil our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal information for some of the purposes described in order to:
- Send users information about special offers and discounts on our products and services
Analyse how our Services are used so we can improve them to engage and retain users
- Support our marketing activities
- Diagnose problems and/or prevent fraudulent activities
- Understand how our users use our products and services so we can improve user experience
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be victim of financial abuse
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations
Finance & Accounting Tools Government Entities
Fulfilment Service Providers Payment Processors Sales & Marketing Tools Social Networks Website Hosting Service Providers
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to
honour this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners, or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute
Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history, and financial information
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Gender and date of birth
D. Commercial information
Transaction information, purchase history, financial details, and payment information
E. Biometric information
Fingerprints and voiceprints
F. Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, online
G. Geolocation data
H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities
I. Professional or employment-related information
Business contact details in order to provide you our Services at a business level or job title, work history, and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us
J. Education Information
Student records and directory information
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information
Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
- Targeting cookies/Marketing cookies
- Social media cookies
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- You may object to the processing of your personal information.
- You may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the information.
- You can designate an
authorised agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorised agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorised to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
- You may request to opt out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving an opt-out request, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than fifteen (15) days from the date of the request submission.
get in touch to discuss how we can help you
discover the best alternative things to do in the Baltics!