General terms & Conditions
1. Booking & confirmation
With the confirmation, you shall receive the tour information, departure time, ect. (pre-departure information).
Once Baltic Nature Travel has confirmed your booking the contract is made between Baltic Nature Travel and you. On Internet bookings, you will receive a confirmation of your booking to your email.
To make booking most of our clients make the payment on our web page by Credit Card.
To make payments via Bank Transfare please send us a Tour Request.
Payments accepted by bank transfer to:
Baltic nature travel SIA
In case you have to cancel your reservation, please be aware that we have already started our work and have carried certain costs. The following cancellation fees will be charged by Baltic Nature Travel:
- 28- 14 days before departure – 20% of the price
- 14- 1 days before departure – 80% of the price
- in case of cancellation on the day of departure or “No-Show” – 100% of the price
If you would like to make changes to your booking, please inform Baltic Nature Travel via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Booking changes shall be made in writing within office hours in Latvia. The requested changes are subject to written approval of Balti Nature Travel. All requests will be considered by Baltic Nature Travel if sent 48 hours prior to the bookings starting date and time. Baltic Nature Travel cannot guarantee availability of requested changes.
Baltic Nature Travel reserves the right to change or re-schedule the planned program if necessary. Due to bad weather conditions, employee’s illness or other safety reasons Baltic Nature Travel has the right to cancel the program. Baltic Nature Travel has the right to cancel the program if the minimum count of participants specified in excursion description is not reached. In case of cancellation made by Baltic Nature Travel your reservation will be fully refunded.
The tour operator is liable for:
- selection of service providers and supervising of services,
- gathering the services altogether,
- description of services in catalogues or brochures,
- processing of travel reservations,
- organization, reservation and confirmation of the travel services,
- informing the participants about the travel documents such a passport, visa, customs, foreign exchange and sanitary regulations of the countries they are visiting.
For non-compliance with the above-described provisions, the tour operator shall be liable to participants.
During the tours Baltic Nature Travel follows appropriate health and safety regulations in accordance with laws and regulations as applicable in Latvia. Standard guidelines recommended to practice in different program services are followed always when delivering services. Baltic Nature Travel can only be held liable for injuries and material damages during the delivery of the service that are caused by negligence of the company or employees or already broken equipment. Baltic Nature Travel cannot be held responsible for any accidental injuries or damages that are inhered under the customer’s travel insurance.
Personal travel insurance is always highly recommended. The customer shall acknowledge that adventure tours and the products and services offered by Baltic Nature Travel may involve a significant amount of risk to customer´s health and safety. The customer shall acknowledge that he/she has considered any potential risks to health and safety and assumed responsibility for all such risk. The customer may be required to sign a form on the day of tour as required by Baltic Nature Travel to acknowledge his/her understanding of the risks to certain activities. Failure to inform Baltic Nature Travel of the pregnancy shall release Baltic Nature Travel from any liability to the pregnant customer.
To resolve legal disputes or uncertainties relating to the reservations and events booked, the Latvian law will be applicable. All possible disputes will be resolved in Latvia.
6.Photos and Videos
Baltic Nature Travel reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at safaris/tours organised by Baltic Nature Travel without the expressed written/oral permission of those included within the photograph/video. Baltic Nature Travel may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by the Taiga Times including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, websites, etc.
Any person desiring not to have their photo taken or distributed must contact email@example.com in writing of his/her intentions and include a photograph. Baltic Nature Travel will use the photo for identification purposes and will hold it in confidence. Any person or organisation not affiliated with Baltic Nature Travel may not use, copy, alter or modify Baltic Nature Travel photographs, graphics, videography or other, similar reproductions or recordings without the advance written permission of an authorised designee from Baltic Nature Travel.
Your Key Rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018
Unless making an accommodation-only booking, the combination of travel services offered to you is a package within the meaning of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations. Therefore, you will benefit from all EU rights applying to packages. Baltic Nature Travel will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole.
1. Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
2. There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
3. Travellers are given an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser or the travel agent.
4. Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
5. The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance, fuel prices) and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
6. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package the trader responsible for the package cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
7. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
8. Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
9. If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
10. Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
11. The organiser has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty.
12. If the organiser or, in some Member States, the retailer becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured. We have taken out insolvency protection with the financial protection entity Baltijas Apdrosinasas Nams LLC. You can contact Baltijas Apdrošināšanas Nams (BAN) Antonijas street 23, Riga, Latvia, telephone +371 67 08 04 08 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org if services are denied because of Baltic Nature Travel Ltd insolvency.
13. The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 can be found at – https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/634/contents/made
The safety measures during our tours:
- Please keep a distance of 2 metres if it is possible;
- Wear a mouth and nose covering when in public gathering;
- Disinfect or wash your hands before and after touching any surfaces in public places;
- On the tour are not allowed persons who have to be in quarantine or are having symptoms like fever, and other signs of acute infection.
get in touch to discuss how we can help you
discover the best alternative things to do in the Baltics!