DAY 1: (JUNE 20th) ARRIVAL RIGA
Arrival in Riga, optional transfer to the hotel Konventa Sēta ***or similar, check-in, welcome meeting with your tour leader in hotel lobby.
DAY 2: (JUNE 21th) MIDSUMMER CELEBRATION
This is the time when the day is the longest and the night is the shortest of the year. We go for the traditional Midsummer celebration with the locals. We learn to sing traditional songs and dance traditional dances. The celebration can last till the sunrise if you have the will to do so. We enjoy the house owner’s hospitality and join them for a home-made dinner.
A very important part of the local culture is the sauna. To take a break from singing and dancing, we offer an optional local sauna ritual to restore the balance of our mind and body. The local sauna master will involve you in the traditional sauna ritual. We stay overnight at a countryside guest house with sauna access and enjoy the tranquility that brings Latvian forest.
DAY 3: (JUNE 22th) OPEN-AIR MUSEUM – RIGA
In the morning we will make a visit to the Latvian Ethnographic Open-air Museum. During the tour we will learn about the Latvian farmer’s life. We will have a degustation (light lunch) of local food like cottage cheese, house made bread and honey. Return to Riga and check-in hotel Konventa Sēta*** or similar.
In the afternoon we will have the possibility to make an optional visit to a local household named “Carpenter’s workshop”. Here we get to know typical Latvian trees, work along with experienced craftsmen, try out traditional toys and games. As well as enjoy a very special tea recipe brewed in a bonfire house.
In the evening we offer an optional dinner on the ship Rīgas Pērle with evening cruise to sunset. You will have the possibility to enjoy the evening admiring the sunset on the river Daugava.
DAY 4: (JUNE 23th) RIGA – SIGULDA
Founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, Riga is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. During Riga walking tour we will see the Art Nouveau most famous buildings on the streets of Alberta and Elizabeth. TheOld Town with Riga’s Castle and the Three Brothers houses, which were built between the late 1400s and mid-1600s and are the oldest dwellings in the city. At lunchtime we make a visit to the Riga Central Market. To try, such as smoked meats, pickled vegetables, Latvian bread, seasonal treats, and more. The market opened in 1930 and it consists of five former Zeppelin airship hangars and is one of the largest covered markets in Europe.
After we will continue to Sigulda, where we will stay overnight in hotel Sigulda***
Everyone is welcomed to the St.John’s night celebration in Sigulda Livonian Order castle and continue to enjoy the magic of Midsummer night open-air party next to a large bonfire.
DAY 5: (JUNE 24th) GAUJA NATIONAL PARK – SIGULDA – RIGA
We enjoy a slow start of the day and continue with an optional visit to the Gauja National park and town of Sigulda. Gauja National park is the largest and oldest National park in Latvia. To enjoy picturesque views over the river Gauja Valley we take a cable car. We continue to the Gutmans Cave to listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida. Enroute to Riga we make a stop at two highlights of the National park – the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and the Castle of the Knights of the Sword.
Before returning to Riga, we will enjoy the silence of nature. We offer an optional local herbal tea workshop in which the local herbal tea traditions are explained by a medicine man. We create our own herbal tea and have house made traditional lunch. Late afternoon we will arrive to Riga, check-in hotel Konventa Sēta*** or similar.
DAY 6: (JUNE 25th) DEPARTURE
Departure day, optional transfer to the airport
Package Price Per Person
- EUR 720.00 (double occupancy)
- EUR 320.00 (single supplement)
- 5 h Herbal tea workshop and meditation – EUR 50.00 pp
- Sauna ritual –EUR 60.00 pp
- Carpenter’s workshop– EUR 45.00 pp
- Gauja National Park tour – EUR 45.00 pp
- Transfer airport to Hotel : EUR 35.0 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private van (4-7 persons)
- Transfer Hotel to airport: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private van (4-7 persons)
- Dinner on the ship Rīgas Pērle with evening cruise to sunset – EUR 40.00 pp
- Group size: 2 – 12 persons
Due to very changeable weather, layering is key to enjoying your trip to the Baltics and rain protection is a must-have
- 4 overnights at centraly located hotel Konventa Sēta*** or similar with breakfast buffet
- 1 overnight at a cozy guest house with sauna access and breakfast
- Private car or minivan throughout the itinerary
- Welcome meeting
- English/ German speaking tour guide during the program
- Riga old town and Art Nouveau walking tour
- Latvian open-air museum and Central Market food degustation
- Entrances: Open – air museum
- Home-made dinner at the guest house on 21th June
- Traditional midsummer festival celebration
What travelers say about us
Leave a review
Tell us about your experience!