Nemunas River Delta Kayak Tour
Nemunas is the largest river in Lithuania, which at its mouth splits in to several channels and enters Curonian Lagoon. The only inhabited island Rusnė is located in the middle of the delta. This area is a bird paradise, where you can often see sea eagle, common crane, and white stork among many other species.
Paddling in the protected area provides you a chance to get closer to the local wildlife. Paddling distance aprox. 15 km. In one of Europe’s largest and oldest ornithological station is located in Ventė. Cultural heritage can be found while exploring old water pumping station (1907), lighthouses in Uostadvaris and Ventė as well as unique Mingė village.
The route passes Nemunas river, several channels, Kniaupas bay and gives you an impression of paddling on open waters of Curonian Lagoon. Enjoy this tranquil paddling trip with a combination of nature areas and cultural background.
- Bird ringing station in Ventė
- River village Minija
- Old lighthouses of Uostadvaris and Ventė Cape
- Nature reserve as a bird paradise
Swimming skills are required and previous paddling experience is not necessary.
Please dress accordingly to the weather conditions, where appropriate footwear (sandals or hiking shoes depending on weather conditions would be ideal).
Private tour price
- €350,00 per group 1-4 pax
- €420,00 per group 5-8 pax
- Local English speaking guide
- Tandem kayaks with rudder incl. All necessary equipment (paddles, dry bags, safety gear, spray skirts)
- Pick nick lunch on the beach
Suggested for comfort
- water & snacks for personal usage
- comfortable boots & rain jacket
- extra socks