Hiking tour from Riga
Cesis: Medieval Heritage and Natural Treasures
Cesis is a medieval gemstone and the third oldest town in Latvia. It attracts tourists with lovely streets and the beauty of natural treasures in the Gauja National Park. Charming ruins of the medieval castle invite you to explore the history and feel the medieval spirit in a candle light.
Despite the wars, the old town has remained almost unchanged. On the city tour you will see such highlights as the City Hall, Merchant House, Princess House and St. John’s Church. Eight hundred years long history of Cesis is visible not only on the streets but also in Cesis castle complex. Inside the medieval castle you will receive a lantern and climb up its towers. Afterwards, nature is waiting for you! You will go for a short, about six kilometers long hike to see beautiful red sandstone cliffs along the ancient Gauja River valley and enjoy our wonderful nature.
- Cesis old town
- St. John’s Church
- Cesis medieval castle complex
- Ancient Gauja River valley
We will pick you up at your given address and bring you back.
1-person group: 180€
2 – 2 person group: 220€
3 – 3 person group: 240€
4 – 4 person group: 300€
5 – 5 person group: 320€
6 – 6 person group: 340€
7 – 7 person group: 360€
8 – 8 person group: 380€
- Transportation from Riga and back
- Cesis city tour in English;
- Entrance in Cesis Castle Complex;
- Tour of the Cesis Medieval castle in English;
- 6 km hike on the Cīrulīši nature trail (easy hike).
What to bring with you
- 1 l of water per person as a minimum
How to dress
- Please, dress accordingly to the weather forecast! Due to very changeable weather, layering is key to enjoying the hike, and rain protection is a must-have. Any comfortable shoes are good enough for this tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
What travelers say about us
Leave a review
Tell us about your experience!