Your Key Rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018
Unless making an accommodation-only booking, the combination of travel services offered to you is a package within the meaning of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations. Therefore, you will benefit from all EU rights applying to packages. Baltic Nature Travel will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole.
1. Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
2. There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
3. Travellers are given an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser or the travel agent.
4. Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
5. The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance, fuel prices) and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
6. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package the trader responsible for the package cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
7. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
8. Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
9. If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
10. Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
11. The organiser has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty.
12. If the organiser or, in some Member States, the retailer becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured. We have taken out insolvency protection with the financial protection entity Baltijas Apdrosinasas Nams LLC. You can contact Baltijas Apdrošināšanas Nams (BAN) Antonijas street 23, Riga, Latvia, telephone +371 67 08 04 08 or e mail email@example.com if services are denied because of Baltic Nature Travel Ltd insolvency.
13. The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 can be found at – https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/634/contents/made
General terms & Conditions
1. Booking & confirmation
With the confirmation, you shall receive the tour information, departure time, list of hotels, travelling tips (pre-departure information) and the bill.
On our web page can be made only full payment for the group and private tours.
To make a deposit and guarantee a place on our group tours the first installment is 50% of the tour price and is paid to Baltic nature travel bank account upon receiving the confirmation. The remaining amount is to be paid at the latest two weeks before the tour. All payments must be effected “without charge for beneficiary” as no “bank charges” have been included in the tour prices. Payments accepted by bank transfer to:
Baltic nature travel SIA
In case you have to cancel your reservation, please be aware that we have already started our work and have carried certain costs. The following cancellation fees will be charged by Baltic Nature Travel:
- resignation after the written confirmation – 50 EUR per person
- 56-36 days before departure – 10% of the price
- 35-22 days before departure – 25% of the price
- 21-15 days before departure – 35% of the price
- 14-8 days before departure – 50% of the price
- 7-1 day before departure – 80% of the price
- in case of cancellation on the day of departure or “No-Show” – 100% of the price
The tour operator is liable for:
- selection of service providers and supervising of services,
- gathering the services altogether,
- description of services in catalogues or brochures,
- processing of travel reservations,
- organization, reservation and confirmation of the travel services,
- informing the participants about the travel documents such a passport, visa, customs, foreign exchange and sanitary regulations of the countries they are visiting.
For non-compliance with the above-described provisions, the tour operator shall be liable to participants.
To resolve legal disputes or uncertainties relating to the reservations and events booked, the Latvian law will be applicable. All possible disputes will be resolved in Latvia.
get in touch to discuss how we can help you
discover the best alternative things to do in the Baltics!